QUEENS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Our Queens New York personal injury lawyers represent injured individuals in Queens NY. Give the Law Offices of Oliver C. Minott a call right now and speak with a highly skilled personal injury lawyer. We will give you a free consultation on your case.
If you’re hurt because of someone’s irresponsible actions in Queens New York, come to us for help. The Law Offices of Oliver C. Minott we have over 50 years of combined experience helping injured individuals obtaining money. You may receive money to pay medical bills, cover your lost wages, and even consider your pain and suffering
HOW WILL THE LAW OFFICES OF OLIVER C. MINOTT HELP YOU GET COMPENSATION THAT IS EQUITABLE?
If you hire the Law Offices of Oliver C. Minott P.C. We will diligently work to obtain the money you need. We will do the following:
- Investigate your case, to find out who or what is responsible for your accident
- We will help you with the insurance company
- Work with experts to make an adequate claim for damages
- Settle your case
- Litigate your case at trial if deemed necessary
Give us a Call today at 866-683-4200 to discuss the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.
WHAT ARE CERTAIN TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS OUR LAW FIRM HANDLES?
The area of Personal injury Law gives victims of accidents an opportunity to get compensation from the party that is responsible for their accident. Our practice areas are:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Car Accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Train Accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Taxi Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Subway Accidents
- Lyft Accidents
- School accidents
- Slip and Fall accidents
- Elevator Accidents
- Construction accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Hospital Accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Defective products
Majority of personal injury claims are established using negligence. In some cases, Strict liability may apply. This means that the party responsible can be held liable even if they were not careless.
The Law Offices of Oliver C. Minott, P.C. are experts in the Queens New York law.
WHAT ARE SIGNIFICANT PERSONAL INJURIES?
- Some accidents in Queens New York can cause severe injuries. Many injuries can affect the daily living and the ability to work. Equitable compensation for these injuries can restore an individual’s life back to normal again. At The Law Offices of Oliver C. Minott, P.C. our Law Firm handles various personal injury cases such as:
- Neck Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Spinal Cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft Tissue injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Arm injuries
- Foot injuries
- Chest injuries
- Hearing loss injuries
- Impaired vision
- Wrongful Death
- Significant injuries to all parts of the body
- Internal injuries
The responsible party should be held accountable and liable for your injuries. Our Queens personal injury attorneys will aggressively work to get the money and the medical care you need.
WHAT IS THE NEW YORK LAW STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON FILING A PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUIT IN QUEENS
The law in New York State gives you three years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If the three years from the date of your accident have expired, you lose your right to recover damages, barring an exception to the law.
Insurance companies are quite familiar with the law. That is why it is necessary that you file your claim timely.
WHAT IS THE OVERALL LEGAL THEORY FOR RECOVERING COMPENSATION IN A QUEENS PERSONAL INJURY CASE.
The legal concept of negligence rules in personal injury case. You must prove certain elements of the negligence law to have a viable case. The elements are:
- Duty of Care. The other party responsible for the injury owed you a duty to act reasonably to keep you safe.
- Breach of Duty. This is where you have to show that the party responsible for your injury made a mistake that caused your injury.
- Causation. We must prove that the mistake caused the accident
- Damages. Harm is the legal term for damages. Damages can be property damage, medical bills, pain and suffering, etc.
Queens Civil Court handled Negligence cases; however, most cases are settled outside of court with the insurance company responsible for the claim.
WHAT ARE DAMAGES THAT ARE AVAILABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY VICTIMS?
Damages in a New York personal injury cases are as follows.
- Financial damages
- Non-Financial damages
- Punitive damages.
The value of your case is based on certain things:
- Whether your injury was a significant permanent injury to your person or property
- The medical cost of your treatment
- The seriousness of your injury
- Do you have an ongoing need for medical care
Usually getting the best compensation for your injury requires time. Although we want to get you money quickly. We want to make sure we understand the overall impact the injury had on your person or property. All these things are taken into consideration before your insurance company demand.
FINANCIAL DAMAGES FOR QUEENS PERSONAL INJURY VICTIMS
Financial damages compensate you for your out-of-pocket expenses. Your financial damages should take into consideration future costs. Certain examples of financial compensation that may be available may include:
- Emergency room visit cost
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Medical Devices
- Medical Care
- Continuing future treatment needs
- Home health aide assistance
- Child care
- Property damages
- Lost wages and earning ability
The Law Offices of Oliver C. Minott, P.C. Queens personal injury attorneys want to make sure your compensation award is justly deserved
NON-FINANCIAL DAMAGES FOR QUEENS PERSONAL INJURY VICTIMS
Non-financial damages compensative the victim for unmeasurable damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Impact on the enjoyment of life
- Impact on the quality of life
- Psychological and emotional distress
- Wrongful Death damages
Many things are considered into calculating your non-financial damages. The significance of your injury is very important. How did this injury change your life?
PUNITIVE DAMAGES FOR QUEENS PERSONAL INJURY VICTIMS
Punitive damages are obtained if the defendant actions are horrific, dreadful, or heinous. Most New York cases do not include punitive damages. These damages are solely meant to punish the defendant.
OBTAIN YOUR FREE CONSULTATION WITH A DILIGENT QUEENS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
The Law Offices of Oliver C. Minott,P.C. have highly skilled attorneys who will help you with every aspect of your case. We will investigate, advocate, settle, or take your case to trial. We work tirelessly until we get the right compensation that you deserve. Our consultation is free. Get your free Consultation with a Queens Personal Injury Attorney Now at 866-683-4200